Job Posting: Development Associate
OCA - Asian Pacific American Advocates, a national membership driven organization of community advocates dedicated toward advancing the social, political, and economic well-being of Asian Pacific Americans, is seeking a full-time, exempt Development Associate to assist in OCA's development efforts.
Job Title: Development Associate, Entry Level
Location: Washington, DC
• Work closely with the Director to execute funding development goals, programs, and plans.
• Produce status and projection reports of the program implementation process to provide accurate account of progress.
• Assist the Director in preparing funding requests for grants and corporate sponsorships.
• Assist with special events including the National Asian Pacific American Corporate Achievement Awards and OCA's National Convention.
• Assist with advertising and marketing, including collateral materials related to donor development, recruitment, retention, and special events.
• Manage donor database, reporting and data analysis. Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor files. Includes data entry and maintenance and report generation.
• Assist with donor acknowledgement activities including thank you letters, sponsor acknowledgments and other correspondence as needed.
• Coordinate production and mailings of all fund raising appeals, annual reports, and other donor correspondence.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong interpersonal skills
• One to three years working experience in development preferred.
• Team player and self-starter attitude
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• High level of personal energy.
• Willingness to learn quickly and strong performance under time pressure
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook)
• Experience with graphic design software, web platforms, HTML mailer, and CRM strongly preferred
• Deep understanding and passion for Asian American and Pacific Islander issues
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, health care, vision, employer subsidized dental and transit, and employer matching Simple IRA.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 24, 2017.