Job Description: Program Associate
OCA - Asian Pacific American Advocates, a national membership driven organization of community advocates dedicated toward advancing the social, political, and economic well-being of Asian Pacific Americans, is seeking a full-time, exempt Program Associate to coordinate OCA's national youth programs.
Job Title: Program Associate, Entry Level
Location: Washington, DC
Department: Youth Programs
• Coordinate OCA's high school, collegiate, and millennial programs that focuses on identity, leadership, networking, and empowerment.
• Manage logistics regarding travel, supplies, and coordination with chapters and partners.
• Build and maintain a strategic national network with AAPI youth groups, student organizations, and organizational partners
• Assist the Program Manager with the OCA Internship Program through facilitation, curriculum development, and personnel management.
• Build and maintain a national network of program alumni in coordination with OCA's Communication Associate
• Facilitate and manage programs with AAPI youth
• Conceptualize and execute youth programming at the OCA National Convention
• Manage administrative duties as assigned including but not limited to: book keeping, financial management, updating organizational standard operating procedures, answering phone calls, and answering general inquiries
• Assist other program areas as needed
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Team player and self-starter attitude
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Past facilitation experience, specifically with youth and college students
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook)
• Experience with youth curriculum development
• Deep understanding and passion of Asian American and Pacific Islander issues
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, health care, vision, employer subsidized dental and transit, and employer matching Simple IRA.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 27, 2017.
OCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, use of service animal, military or veteran status