Please see/share job announcement for a GS-05/07/09 Regulatory Specialist (Interdisciplinary) with the Nashville District, US Army Corps of Engineers. There are two vacancies located in either Decatur, AL or Chattanooga/Lenoir City/Nashville, TN. Positions are open to the public and will be filled using Direct Hire Authority.
Agency: US Army Corps of Engineers, Nashville District
Title of Job: Regulatory Specialist (Interdisciplinary)
Salary: $36,118 to $71,146 per year
Open / Close date: 13 June 2022 – 23 June 2022
Link to the job announcement: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/659660100
- Processes routine or moderate scale permit applications, investigate alleged violations of Federal regulations governing the use of the nation's waters
- Conducts field investigations to determine extent of Federal jurisdiction and presence of wetlands/Waters of the US.
- Reviews permit applications and supplemental material submitted with application to insure completeness and clarity of proposed work descriptions.
- Performs data entry in Regulatory Program databases.
- Prepares decision documents for Department of the Army permits to include routine and moderately non-routine actions.