The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is seeking professional individuals for entry-level police officer positions that offer extensive professional development and training, career growth opportunities in the field of law enforcement, and the privilege of protecting the Legislative Branch of the United States federal government.
USCP Officers perform a full range of rewarding police duties and responsibilities that include:
· Policing the U.S. Capitol Complex to protect Members of Congress, visitors, and staff from crime and threats of disruption and terrorism; preserving law and order; serving as a deterrent to violations of laws, rules, and regulations;
· Enforcing federal and District of Columbia laws and regulations;
· Performing protective services, securing federally-owned buildings and property, and protecting government equipment and materials;
· Conducting preliminary and follow up investigations of crimes and accidents, and processing crime scenes;
· Preparing investigative reports and testifying in court.
Upon successful completion of training, probationary periods, time in grade, and all other professional requirements, future competitive promotions may be available to a higher rank or positions within a specialized area such as Dignitary Protection, Intelligence, Patrol and Mobile Response, K-9, Containment Emergency Response Team (SWAT Team), and/or other positions within the Department.
To learn more and to apply, please visit: