As we wave goodbye to 2017 and say hello to 2018, I want to thank each of you for volunteering and continuously supporting our mission, promoting organizational development and unity, and cultivating new volunteers to be future leaders. It is with FAPAC Member’s support that we are able to do what we do as a team.
I would also like to remind us about some important upcoming events that the National Board of Directors (NBOD) along with the National Board of Operations (NBOO) are currently working on for 2018 to ensure we meet the mission of FAPAC:
- January 19, 2018: Kickoff the first-ever 2018 FAPAC Leadership Shadowing Program (LSP) to prepare our future Officers;
- January 20, 2018: Membership Appreciation & Holiday Dinner;
- March 30, 2018: FinalIze FAPAC Constitution and Bylaws amendments;
- April 13, 2018: Kickoff Career Development Mentoring Program (CDP) for High Performers;
- May 14-17, 2018: National Leadership Training Program (NLTP), Sheraton, Pentagon City;
- June 30, 2018: Leadership Shadowing Program graduation;
- July 2018: FAPAC Annual Summer Picnic;
- August 2018: Election of FAPAC Officers, Regional Directors and Auditor;
- September 30, 2018: end of the term of the current Administration and end of FAPAC operation year
- October 2018: FAPAC Installation of the newly Elected Officers Term for 2019-2020;
- November 9, 2018: 2018 CDP Mentoring Program graduation.
I am confident with everyone’s assistance that the above events will be successfully accomplished, as a team we can do it!
Lastly, in 2017, I saw many new volunteers coming forward to help us succeed and tremendously improved our processes. In 2018, I know that we will remain committed to do even better to serve our members and accomplish more for FAPAC.
As we kickoff 2018, I wish you a safe, prosperous, and happy New Year!
Olivia F. Adrian,
President, Federal Asian Pacific American Council (FAPAC)