Following up on the announcement made at the General Membership meeting, May 2017 during the 2017 National Leadership Training Program (NLTP), Rockville, MD, the FAPAC National Board of Directors (NBOD) invites your expression of interest to participate in the 2018 FAPAC Leadership Shadowing Program (2018 LSP) for 6 months (from 15 Jan 2018 to 15 Jun 2018). The focus of this leadership program is for interested FAPAC Qualified Members to get a closer look of the roles and responsibilities of the FAPAC. As a result, the participants will have insight of which leadership role they would be interested in leading; whether to run for an office for the upcoming election in 2018 cycle or will volunteer and serve as a committee chair.
Requirements for Successful Completion: Total of 40 hours that will include:
· 12 hours: One-on-One Mentoring/Shadowing with the Elected Official
· 12 hours: Workshop Activities with Senior Leaders and Past FAPAC Leaders
· 16 hours: Leadership Projects, in the areas of public speaking, preparing and writing reports, etc.
Who is the program for?
The LSP program is open to all active members of National FAPAC Chapter. This is a 6-month program from 15 January to 15 June 2018. This timeframe coincides with the FAPAC Election cycle that starts in July 2018 ends August 2018. Any FAPAC member who desired to run for an election officer position for the upcoming election in July 2018 can participate in the LSP and be given the opportunity to experience and observe how the elected officers serves their members.
How does this work?
In short, you’ll learn how to effectively collaborate and communicate between the officers/chairs and chosen participants throughout the following activities :
· Selected members will start the shadowing program of their chosen Officers or Chairs;
· Officer/Chair will meet with the "participant" in January 2018 to start the process;
· Participant will be responsible for coordinating the "shadowing" assignment;
· Participants and Elected Officials are responsible to make sure the required 40 hours is completed;
· At the completion of the program, both elected Official and Participant will finalize the one-on-one meeting to discuss decision by the participant to run for officer or not (could be a volunteer for be a committee chair) be recognized by both parties, Completion of the program will be presented a certificate of completion to both the participant and the elected officer.
Evaluation Process & Selection
The following will be implemented during the evaluation and selection process and interest participants:
· Must be an active Regular Member during the last 12 months and in good standing to run for Elected Position during the Fy2018 Election Cycle.
· Associate and Honorary members have all the rights and privileges; however, they are not eligible to hold elected office position; and
· Selection will be announced on 1 December 2017 and program will begin on January 15, 2018.
How long does the program last?
Approximately 6 months
How much it costs?
There is no cost to participate in the program.
Can people participate if they are not in Washington DC?
Yes, The interested participants should work out with their selected officers or committee chair for any good communication and collaboration means in order to reach the goals and meet the requirements.
Do I need to get permission from my supervisor to work on a project?
While it’s preferable for your supervisor to approve official duty time for you to participate, you may still be able to work on a project during your personal time.
How do I apply
The Leadership Shadowing program is currently accepting applicants. Download and fill out the application form and click the submit Application to FAPAC with attachment.
How long does it take to complete the application process?
less than 5 minutes.
Is there a particular personality type that you are looking for?
No. We want to assemble diverse teams with a wide range of personalities.
Is there a way to save part of my application responses and return later to fill out the rest?
Yes, We use your time stamp on e-mail to determine an official application.
I have some additional questions. Who do I contact to get more information?