PRESS RELEASE For information contact:
April 17, 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
FAPAC SIGNS MOU WITH NIH
WASHINGTON – Today FAPAC signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the National Institute of Health (NIH), a major health research agency within the Department of Health and Human Services. President Dr. Kin Wong and Debra Chew, Director of Equity Diversity & Inclusion at NIH participated in the signing ceremony at NIH. The agreement forges a partnership to:
· Increase representation of AAPI’s in grade 15 and above positions in major occupations at NIH
· Advance cultural awareness at NIH
· Identify and publicize training and career development
· Improvement the retention rate of NIH’s AAPI
· Support NIH participation in FAPAC sponsored programs, student internships, conferences, technical assistance, research studies etc.
The MOU also contains implementation plan to reach the goal.
FAPAC is organized exclusively for educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. FAPAC is a non-profit, non-partisan organization representing the interests of over 155,000 civilian and military APA employees in the Federal and District of Columbia governments of all ranks. For more information, please visit www.fapac.org.