Join the APIAVote team-we're hiring!
Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) is looking for a Communication and Policy Associate. Details below!
COMMUNICATIONS AND POLICY ASSOCIATE: APIAVote is hiring for a candidate who is detailed oriented and has experience in communications and policy. This is a full time permanent position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
LOCATION: For immediate hire in Washington, DC.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: AUGUST 15, 2018 or until filled
SALARY: Entry Level
· Responsible for working with the Executive Director in fulfilling APIAVote’s communication and policy initiatives
· Assist the executive director in writing grant reports and proposals
· Manage record-keeping on programmatic activities and achievements for use in reports to stakeholders.
· Implement various communication strategies to support donor cultivation and ensure APIAVote stakeholders are updated on our activities, priorities and needs.
· Draft and develop weekly online newsletters
· Responsible for writing press releases, editorials, and reports
· Design APIAVote’s mail pieces and other materials for voter education
· Spearhead and coordinate translation needs
· Maintain updates for the website and develop ongoing new content
· Manage APIAVote’s social media presence. At minimum have the ability to effectively post on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram. Understanding of WeChat is a bonus but not required.
· Support the executive director in the organization’s work and relationship with the traditional and social media outlets
· Develop, write and design marketing materials, reports, fact sheets and infographics
· Assist in developing, coordinating, and advancing APIAVote’s policy and legislative work on voting rights, election administration and census
· Draft policy statements, press releases, talking points, testimony, community toolkits and other resources
· Assist our local partners in organizing local town hall meetings with elected officials to address AAPI issue priorities
· Manage the 888-API-Vote Hotline and work with volunteers to respond to calls
· Contribute to special projects and other duties as assigned.
For information contact: